Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Sunday September 23rd



 Today I hiked Waumbek (4006 ft) with 11 people from an on-line hiking group. I had hiked with Badri and Dave the day before and Badri mentioned that some people had dropped out and there were some openings in the group. Since it was one I needed to hike and I had hiked with this group before in May, I figured I would join them. The leaders of the group were a little less then thrilled to have me and another girl just show up as you are supposed to sign up with the group ahead of time and we did not. It is a free country and a mountain after all so I would have hiked it anyway, but they decided to be gracious and let us join them. The hike was a relatively easy one at 7.2 miles and 2,750 elevation gain. Which was good after hiking 14 miles the day before. Badri and Dave came along on this one too. They are very dedicated hikers to show up today after getting food poisoning after the hike yesterday and having to drive all the way back to Canada tonight after the hike today. Good luck Badri on completing your 48...she has 3 left to go! I would like to dedicate this peak to Ronald Demers who passed away 7/24/12. He was an avid sports and trivia fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment