Tuesday, April 17, 2012

So we had to cancel our plans to hike Moosilauke last weekend due to ice and not having " microspikes" available. This weekend was beautiful and hiked Mt Moriah which is 4049 feet. Even though Wildcat "D" was a wee bit higher this one took me longer to hike...alot longer. It was 10 miles round trip which took 5 1/2 hours but made it down in time to watch the Bruins game. Mt Moriah is said to be named after a hill in Jerusalem. I don't know if that is true but it certainly did look like God's country from the breath taking 360 degree views from the top.  I would like to dedicate this peak to Sharon Appelman who passed about month ago now. She had an amazing spirit. Hiking with her in mind helped me get through the 10 miles. This coming weekend rain is in the forecast...so I'm planning to get wet! 


No comments:

Post a Comment